Analytica Training courses help you rapidly learn the best practices for modeling and how to apply Analytica software to real-life problems. You work hands-on with your own laptop. The training includes course notes and tutorial files.
We offer courses regularly on the west and east coasts of the United States and periodically in Europe. We are also happy to give courses at your site.
We have no trainings scheduled at present.
Please contact us if you are interested in having a training at your own site.
Focus of Training
The two-day workshop provides concentrated training on how to create and use decision models to provide sound results and real insights for more effective decision-making in your organization. It is intended for those who have some experience in building models, perhaps with spreadsheets, and want to expand their skills. It combines high-level training on essential concepts for effective model-building with hands-on training on how to exploit the power of Analytica.
We invite you to bring your own ideas for modeling projects -- including spreadsheets or Analytica prototype models -- to provide real-world examples to work on during the training.
When offered, an additional third day is devoted to one-on-one coaching by the instructor to assist you with working on your own modeling project. You may wish to bring materials, such as an existing spreadsheet or initial Analytica model, that you would like to refine.
- Model views (diagrams, outlines, result and object windows)
- Reviewing and auditing models
Creating effective models with influence diagrams
- Creating and organizing models with hierarchical influence diagrams
- Documenting your models for readability and auditing
Building extensible models with Intelligent Arrays™
- Parametric analysis of model behavior
- Operations on arrays
- Linking between Analytica and Excel
Options for creating user interfaces
- Creating control panels in Analytica
- Visual Basic and web interfaces with the Analytica Decision Engine
Understanding and evaluating risk and uncertainty
- Probability elicitation
- Choosing probability distributions
- Monte Carlo simulation
- Tornado diagrams
- Identifying key objectives
- Measures of value: NPV, IRR, ROI, EVA
- Systems dynamics vs. influence diagrams
- The 'Dynamic' function in Analytica
- Dynamic sensitivity analysis
Function libraries and user-defined functions
- Using and creating user-defined functions and function libraries
Individual tutoring on participants' own models
Effective use of models within the organization
- Involving decision makers in the modeling process
- Communicating model results
- Collaborative model-building
- Eliciting and using expert judgment
- Assessing the value of modeling
Approaches and techniques will be illustrated with examples selected from a variety of fields
Example models used in training session
- Product lifecycle and market analysis
- R&D portfolio management
- Customer-centered product design and development
- Environmental risk analysis
- Market timing and the competitive landscape
- Oil and gas exploration
- Internet business and marketing models
All instructors have extensive experience in developing decision-support applications using Analytica and other applications. They have worked as consultants on a wide variety of applications in business and public sector problems.
Computer requirements and training materials
You should bring your own laptop computer or request in advance that one be provided. Participants will receive a copy of the curriculum ahead of time.
Payment and cancellation
The price for the full two days is $1595. If the optional third day is included, the price depends on the number of participants. Please register early, as space is limited.